The types of personal information we may collect about you include:
- your name;
- your contact details, including email address, mailing address, street address and/or telephone number;
- your credit card details;
- your demographic information, such as postcode;
- information you provide to us through customer surveys;
- details of products and services we have provided to you and/or that you have enquired about, and our response to you;
- your browser session and geo-location data, device and network information, statistics on page views and sessions, acquisition sources, search queries and/or browsing behaviour;
- information about your access and use of our Site, including through the use of Internet cookies, your communications with our Site and the type of browser you are using;
- additional personal information that you provide to us, directly or indirectly, through your use of our Site and associated applications and social media platforms; and
- any other personal information requested by us and/or provided by you or a third party
We may collect these types of personal information directly from you or from third parties.
Collection and use of personal information
We may collect, hold, use and disclose personal information for the following purposes:
- to enable you to access and use our Site, associated applications and associated social media platforms;
- to contact and communicate with you;
- for internal record keeping and administrative purposes;
- for analytics, market research and business development, including to operate and improve our Site, associated applications and associated social media platforms;
- to run competitions and/or offer additional benefits to you;
- for advertising and marketing, including to send you promotional information about our products and services and information about third parties that we consider may be of interest to you; and
- to comply with our legal obligations and resolve any disputes that we may have.
Disclosure of personal information to third parties
We may disclose personal information to:
- third party service providers for the purpose of enabling them to provide their services, including (without limitation) IT service providers, data storage, web-hosting and server providers, marketing or advertising providers, professional advisors and payment systems operators;
- our employees, contractors and/or related entities;
- anyone to whom our business or assets (or any part of them) are, or may (in good faith) be, transferred;
- courts, tribunals, regulatory authorities and law enforcement officers, as required by law, in connection with any actual or prospective legal proceedings, or in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights; [and]
- third parties, including agents or sub-contractors, who assist us in providing services or direct marketing to you; and
- third parties to collect and process data, such as Stripe (payment gateway), Punchpass (booking system) and Google Analytics. This may include parties that store data outside of Australia, including but not limited to the United States of America.
By providing us with personal information, you consent to the disclosure of your personal information to third parties who reside outside Australia and acknowledge that we are not required to ensure that those third parties comply with Australian privacy laws.
In compliance with the Queensland Government CovidSafe requirements, if you attend the studio we must collect and store your contact details including your name, phone number and residential address. We are required to keep a record of your attendance at the studio and contact details for a minimum of eight weeks and to provide these to Queensland Health in the case that it is required for COVID-19 contact tracing.
Confidentiality of health information
Health and mobility information you share with your instructor in the context of a yoga session or workshop is confidential and will only be shared with other Junction Yoga instructors as relevant for your safety and wellbeing (for example we may put a pop-up note in your profile to let all the instructors working with you know that you have a lower back injury, or that you are pregnant). These notes are not visible to the general public or other clients.
Distribution of video and audio content
Junction Yoga makes a recorded copy of online classes available to attendees and those registered for the class for a period of time after the class. While we take care to only distribute video images of the teacher, in some cases, incidental video of student participants may occur due to in-class dialogue. If you wish to have such incidental footage excluded from class video, please either make your request to the teacher directly, set your camera to “off” during class, or email us at the end of class. Additionally, we may live stream and record selected in studio classes which are available to online class attendees for a period of time after the class; And, from time to time we may use photography and/or video in our advertisements including but not limited to social media, print media and websites. If you are attending an in-studio class and do not wish your image or likeness to be used for such purposes please let a member of our team, such as your class instructor, know or email us.
Your rights and controlling your personal information
Restrict: You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information. If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by contacting us using the details below.
Access: You may request details of the personal information that we hold about you. In certain circumstances, as set out in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth), we may refuse to provide you with personal information that we hold about you.
Correction: If you believe that any information we hold about you is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading, please contact us using the details below. We will take reasonable steps to correct any information found to be inaccurate, incomplete, misleading or out of date.
Complaints: If you believe that we have breached the Australian Privacy Principles and wish to make a complaint, please contact us using the details below and provide us with full details of the alleged breach. We will promptly investigate your complaint and respond to you, in writing, setting out the outcome of our investigation and the steps we will take to deal with your complaint.
Unsubscribe: To unsubscribe from our e-mail database or opt-out of communications (including marketing communications), please contact us using the details below or opt-out using the opt-out facilities provided in the communication.
Storage and security
Junction Yoga strives to ensure the security, integrity and privacy of personal information submitted to our site, and we update security measures to keep up with current technologies. All information Junction Yoga receives from its customers is protected from unauthorised use or access by secure servers and all customer information is encrypted before it is sent to us.
Credit card information is not stored by us on our servers. Our credit card processing vendor, Stripe, uses security measures to protect your information both during the transaction and after it is complete. Stripe.com is a PCI compliant payment processor.
If you have any questions about the security of your Personal Information, you may contact us at the email address below.
Cookies and web beacons
We may use web beacons on our Site from time to time. Web beacons (also known as Clear GIFs) are small pieces of code placed on a web page to monitor the visitor’s behaviour and collect data about the visitor’s viewing of a web page. For example, web beacons can be used to count the users who visit a web page or to deliver a cookie to the browser of a visitor viewing that page.
Links to other websites
For any questions or notices, please contact us at:
Junction Yoga Pty Ltd ABN 45 141 202 753.
Last update: 20 October 2019